Thursday, March 11, 2010

um...duh?!?


A woman came into the galley after our beverage service. She gave us her coffee cup to fill up with hot water. She said she was asleep when we came through which we told her it was fine. We filled it up, gave it back to her, and she dumped in her coffee travel pack in there. She then puts the top back on, and then shakes the cup up and down. Not twirl it around lightly, but literally shaking it up and down to mix the coffee up. So of course, the coffee squirts out of the drinking hole and is now all over the counter, floors, and herself. She looks at me with a shocked look on her face and said, "oh my gosh, I didn't know that was gonna happen!!!" I looked at her...speechless...

On another flight we are doing our beverage service. As always, I asked, "Can I get you a beverage?" He said, "What do you have?" I take a breath and said, "Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Coke Zero, Ginger Ale, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Cranberry Apple, Tomato Juice, Bloody Mary Mix, Fresca, Club Soda, Tonic Water, Coffee, and alcoholic beverages." He pauses, and then said, "Water." I proceed to pour him the water, hands the cup to him, and no response. He doesn't reach out to take the cup, he just sits there and stares at me. um...really? If someone hands you something, don't you reach for it? Finally I just set it down, he didn't say thank you...
Again....speechless....

No comments: